Weekly Sunday Morning Services
We are currently offering two in-sanctuary worship service at 8:30am and 10:00am
Recordings of our sermons are posted on our Facebook Page and on YouTube. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Pastor Fish or the Church Office.
COVID-19 Control Plan Policy
As of October 13, 2020
This Policy in conjunction with the COVID – 19 Control Plan is designed to assure that staff members and guests of the First Congregational Church of Rutland have a safe work environment to come to and worship in.
1. All staff members and guests must properly wear a mask as they enter and move about the church. Staff members are encouraged to keep their masks on as they move about the church. However, staff may remove their masks when at their desks to perform their duties more effectively.
2. While in the church, staff members and/or guests should try to maintain social distancing by staying at least six feet apart.
3. When traveling within the church, everyone should follow the appropriate signage and/or direction from the minister or other leaders regarding walking paths.
1. All staff members and guests must use hand sanitizer to clean their hands immediately upon arrival in the church.
2. All staff members should sanitize their hands as they travel from each room within the church.
3. When appropriate, all staff members should fully wash their hands as recommended by CDC guidelines.
Staffing & Operations:
1. All employees must attend a mandatory meeting to review Social Distancing and Hygiene Protocols.
2. Employees that are ill should not report to the church and should contact their supervisor. If an employee who has a mild, non-COVID-19, illness will be working, he or she will be required to work remotely until their illness is resolved.
3. Employees are responsible for taking their own temperature before reporting to the church. If they record a temperature of 100.4 degrees, they should not report to work and contact their doctor or medical professional for directions.
4. All employees that test positive with COVID 19 are requested to report this information to management and to participate in the tracing program to assure other staff members are properly notified. The utmost care will be used to maintain employee confidentiality.
5. If an employee becomes ill while in the church, the employee will isolate themselves by closing the door to their office. Once isolated, the employee will contact Chairmen of the Prudential Committee, Church President, or the Pastor via phone. They will help the employee make arrangements to be picked up, if necessary, and collect contact tracing information.
6. If an employee believes that another employee is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms during the workday, the employee will communicate this confidentially to Chairmen of the Prudential Committee, Church President, or the Pastor will investigate and take appropriate actions, if necessary.
7. Staff members who become ill with COVID 19 will return to work when it is medically appropriate and safe for all staff members. Please refer to section VII.XVI Medical Certification of the employee handbook regarding returning to work.
Cleaning & Disinfecting:
1. The church will be cleaned after each service.
2. All staff members should sanitize their work area before they leave each day.
3. All employees should wipe down the equipment when they are finished with using the equipment.
4. If an employee tests positive for COVID-19, the office will be fully cleaned and sanitized.
Regular Church Services & Other Services such as Funerals and Weddings:
1. As members and guests enter the church, they will be required to properly wear a mask. If they do not have a mask, one will be provided to them.
2. As members and guests enter the church, they will be encouraged to sanitizer their hands.
3. All materials such a weekly Bulletins shall be handed to each member or guest and it suggested this person should be wearing gloves to hand out these items.
4. Monthly communion services will be held. Pre-packed communion will be handed out as members and guests as they enter the church.
5. Offerings/donations will be left in and offering plate as members and guests leave the church. Donations may also be made online.
6. There will be no greeters at the door as members and guests enter the church.
7. All Bibles, Hymnals and prayer request cardsm have been removed from the sanctuary.
8. No audible singing may be done by members and guests. We will wait for further guidance from the UCC on when the Congregation will be able to sing again.
9. Members and guest are suggested to maintain social distancing while in the sanctuary. Every other aisle will be left vacant. Family members may sit together in the sanctuary.
10. As members and guests exit the sanctuary it is suggested that they leave orderly while maintaining social distancing.
11. Individual index cards and pens will be placed in the pews so that members and guests can complete the cards with names, telephone numbers and email address.
To be determined
There will be NO coffee hours until further guidance is received from the Governor’s Office of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or the United Church of Christ (UCC).
Church Suppers or other Functions:
There will be NO Church Suppers on site or other Functions until further guidance is received from the Governor’s Office of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or the United Church of Christ (UCC). Take out suppers maybe organized while following all of the proper sanitizing protocols and social distancing.
There will be NO Private Daycare until further guidance is received from the Governor’s Office of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or the United Church of Christ (UCC).
Outside Organization Use of Church Property:
1. All guests entering the church or community hall are required to properly wear a mask. If they do not have a mask one will be provided to them.
2. All guests entering the church or community hall, are encouraged to sanitize their hands.
3. No audible singing may be done by any organization that uses the church or community hall.
4. All guests are suggested to maintain social distancing while in the sanctuary or in community hall. Every other aisle in the sanctuary will be left vacant. Family members may sit together in the sanctuary.
5. All organizations are required to properly sanitize the sanctuary or community hall after use or must make arrangements to do so with the Prudential Committee and will be properly charged for cleaning or a proper donation should be made.
6. All organizations are required to maintain a log of all in attendance.